Missed Calls - What do They Really Cost?
We all know what missed calls are and why they happen. Let’s look at some alarming statistics that reveal the true cost of missed calls:
· 80% of all business communications take place over the phone
In this digital age you might assume that emails or perhaps even social media messages have overtaken the phone. Fact is, around 80% of the inquiries that your business receives are most likely to be in the form of telephone calls. With so much resting on your ability to answer those calls quickly, failing to do so is not an option.
· Roughly 85% of people will not call back if their call went unanswered
This is a hugely important figure that should alarm any company that simply can’t handle the volume of calls it receives. If the callers are potential customers who were ready to pull the trigger, the cost to your business could be critical.
· More than 60% of dissatisfied clients will take their business elsewhere
Around 70% of people will stop dealing with a company whose customer service is lacking and more than 60% will go on to do business with a competitor. To avoid losing business to your competition, you need to ensure that no calls are left unanswered.
· People will tell 1.6 times as many people about a bad experience than good customer service
I think that speaks for itself.
· Businesses lose billions every single year due to poor customer service
This is a scary fact and illustrates quite clearly the money that is being left on the table every time you’re unable to answer a call.
Conclusion – In a nutshell, a sale can be made via email, but you make a customer-for-life over the phone. If you don’t answer the phone, you can bet your competition will.